This is how to make an electronic application:
1. Go to the electronic service: enterfinland.fi
2. Select “First residence permit”.
3. Carefully read and observe the service’s instructions.
4. Obtain the required documents, legalise them and convert them to electronic format.
5. Create a username for your account. Each person 18 or over must create their own username. Only the guardian may apply for a residence permit for a minor.
6. Fill in the application carefully. Things missing from the application and their resultant requests for additional information will slow down the processing of the application.
All applicants must visit a mission or external service point to identify themselves
All your family members who submit an application must visit a Finnish foreign mission or external service point in person in order to identify themselves. In that way, the identity of your family members and the authenticity of the appendices to the application can be verified. Fingerprints will also be taken from all of them.
If an application is submitted electronically at the Enter Finland service, your family members must make a visit to identify themselves within three months of submitting their application. Your family members must take with them original copies of documents submitted to the electronic service and a passport photo. If necessary, the mission will invite them for interview.
The status of the application must be monitored in the service
If your family members make an application electronically in the Enter Finland service, they must regularly monitor the status of their application themselves by logging into their personal user account. If further information is required for an application, the request for it will only come through the service. If an applicant fails to respond to the request within the given time frame, their application will receive a negative decision. From the service, they can see the status of the application in real time. As soon as a decision has been made, they will see it in their user account.
If your family members are unable to fill in an application electronically online, they must visit a Finnish foreign mission and submit their application there. Your family members should first find out to which mission or external service point they should submit their application. Usually, they must book an appointment for submitting their application by e-mail and must give the personal information of all their family members who intend to apply for a residence permit.
The family members must have information about the decision received by their sponsor
If you have received a positive decision about your asylum application or you have come to Finland as a quota refugee, your family members must have the following information about your decision when making their own residence permit application:
• the grounds for your residence permit (e.g. asylum, subsidiary protection)
• when your decision was made
• when you received knowledge of your decision
Video: Enter Finland